Relationship of Us Citizens overseas

If you are a Us resident and want to marry someone who is not a citizen of the United States, there are several issues that you need to understand. Getting married internationally is get complicated and confusing, but it is possible to have your fantasy bridal and follow the steps for immigration to the United States later.

You must first confirm that the nation in which your marriage is taking spot is legal. You can accomplish this by speaking with the embassy or consulate of the relevant nation. Some nations perhaps had particular needs for marriage, such as parental consent, blood tests, or relationship affidavits. Find details for international embassies and consulates are also included in a list of region information that is published by the us Department of state.

Before getting married abroad, some couples choose to complete the necessary document in the United States, while others decide to wait until they get home to hold a formal ceremony. Before you begin the process, you should talk to your fiancé or spouse about these dilemmas. You'll be able to avoid any confusion and stress in the future by doing this.

As long as your union is registered with native government, the us government will understand it if you get married worldwide. The Uscis, however, does not approve of polygamous unions or those in which one or both parties are minors. Additionally, it does not accept relationships that are against Us rules.

When the Uscis has acknowledged your wedding, you can start the visa application procedure for your spouse. Depending on the type of visa you require, you can apply through sponsor from your parents or other family members or by submitting FormsI-130 and Ds-260 to the acceptable U.s. embassy or consulate in the nation of your partner. Consular processing refers to this procedure.

You may both live and work in the United States once your marriage has received their green card. They will be able to join you in the United States as well if you have any babies. You can always ask native neighborhood organizations that offer English language lessons and citizen sessions for assistance if you are worried about how complicated this approach is. They may assist you in finding sources that will benefit your household as well as in navigating the procedure. It's important to keep in mind that the process can take a while, so make plans in advance and try not to put too much pressure on your partner and yourself. Best of luck!

תוכן עניינים